Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Undying Love II

My mobile rang, it was him again. Thanks to the creation of caller id, I have been avoiding his calls. I dont know why. Not that anything had happened, the other night. Or had he done anything bad to me. I just didnt know how to face him again. Knowing him for so long, I cannot imagine being in front of him - full monty. It'll be weird, really weird.

Come to think of it, I am really crazy. For that, do I have to loose a friend? Loose a friend whom I have known for more than a decade? I finally found my guts to call him back that night. Funny thing was his first question to me, "Are you drunk?" I suddenly felt my face turned red... He knew it all the while that I was avoiding his call, and for me to call him, I would have been drunk.

Anyway, I was glad I made that call. It was great, we talked and shared a lot of things. Not a single word was mention about that night. But he told me he would give his best to make me change my mind about being with him. Well, I guess that's nothing I could do.

Days and months went by, we were okay. Living lives as friends, very good friends. Then one rainy day, he called me asking me for dinner. Why not? We always have dinners and lunch together. Just another dinner.

He rang my door bell at 6 sharp. Hmm, how was I supposed to get ready that early. I opened the door for him. He looked extremely cute that night. The white shirt made his face look fresher. Neat. I asked if this was some kind of date, cause he normally comes in tshirt & jeans. He just smiled and sat on the sofa.

I quickly went into the room to get dressed. I already took out my jeans & tshirt, but on second thoughts, maybe I should redress myself. I took out my blue dress, not too short, long enough to cover my knees. Ready togo. "Where we going?" Silence...

Madness, why isnt he answering me? This is getting more annoying.

When we reach the restaurant, I was impressed. The surrounding was great, tall trees, plants everywhere. It looked a little spooky though. The ambience was great. He acted a little funny. After our desserts, he gave me a present. A small box, not too small. I opened it. I think I stood still with time for about a minute looking at what was in there.

Then my memories came back... I dont remember it. I have not thought of it, I have totally forgotten about this.

It was a bracelet (silver) I gave him about 13 years ago. I had one too. He is still keeping it? I didnt know where mine went. I totally forgot about this. It was the exact same one. How can someone keep a thing for such a long time? Not to mention a man...

No comments: