Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Undying Love III

Silence filled the space. Everything seemed to stood still. The people around us were suddenly disappeared. All there was, were the both of us and the bracelet. My thoughts were filled with memories. 13 years - 4745 days, excluding leap years. That is a very long time.

"You still remember this?" he asked, and that brought me back to reality.

I looked up at him, not knowing what to say.

"I kept it all these years, this was the thing I treasure most. I remember you telling me how nice this looked on my hand. I remember you have the exact same one. I remember you asking me treasure it."

Wow, he does remember a lot. I felt numb, I felt my body out of place, my hands were not mine, my legs were to numb to stand, my mouth couldnt speak a word. I just couldnt concentrate. I guess he knew I was stunned. He didnt say another word, instead he took out another box. A light blue box, with a white ribbon over "Tiffany & Co.". I took it, opened it. It was a bracelet - silver & extremely pretty.

"I know you are no more keeping yours, this is a new one I'm giving you. To mark US" he said, showing me the exact same one he was wearing on his left hand.

He then held both my hands. I was trying really hard to keep my tears from falling. I was so touched, never before. After dinner, we went home and finally, we changed our 13 years of friendship into a relationship of love.

No comments: