Thursday, July 16, 2009

One Weekend Away II

"Hi, you look beautiful" he said.
"Thanks."
"I've ordered for you actually, hope you will like it."
"Oh" speechless, he is obviously a male chauvinist. but I wasnt unhappy though, kind of exciting.

We started with champagne - Moet Chandon, expensive taste he has. He started digging information about me, mostly. We laughed, we chatted for a while before the food came. It was grilled salmon - nice. After food and more drinks, we were both a little tipsy. He jokingly invited me to a getaway, and I jokingly agreed. We both felt the connection, there was something about us that just clicked. We got along well, better than I've imagined.

We ended the dinner at around 11pm, he walked me out to my car. I opened the door, and turned to say goodbye. There he was right behind me, so closed I could feel his breathe. He stared into my eyes, he was coming closer, gave me a kiss on the cheek and whispered good night into my ear. I went into my car and he closed the door.

The next morning, I woke up extra early to dress up for work. I looked a little prettier than usual, wanting to impress him. For the whole day, he was no where to be seen. I tried to call the office while I was out for lunch. Our operator, Amy told me that he was on a one week break. Funny, he didnt tell me last night. A real MC, I thought.

As I continued to work through the day, Amy intercom me asking me to go to the front desk to collect a registered mail. I opened it and it was a ticket to Maldives this coming weekend. I was stunned. I searched for some note or something that can tell me what this is all about. There was and it read,

"See you on the island. Be prepared for a great getaway."

Oh dear, I remembered. It was Niz's invitation over the champagne last night. Damn. I did say yes. What should I do? Should I go? Is this right? He is married, what the hell was I thinking. I didnt know he was serious. I quickly picked up my phone to call him, but there was no response. I think he might be there already. How am I suppose to get him?

These questions kept wandering in my head. I have another 38 hours to decide. Oh dear. I did not tell anyone, not even Gina. No one knows about this. I went home, looked at the ticket again and again. Should I or shouldnt I? Weighing the pros and cons. Finally, I made up my mind and went to bed early.

I reached the office like any other day. After a cup of coffee and some cookies, I went to the HR. I applied for a week leave. Purpose - emergency...

I went home to pack my stuff... carefully and waited for that 18 hours to go by.

No comments: