Wednesday, July 08, 2009

One Weekend Away

Getting on to the plane made me think am I doing the right thing. Agreeing to go on this trip is crazy.

We work in the same firm. Niz is in the corporate side, while I'm in the account department. He noticed me the day I joined. Well, I always think I'm attractive, and pretty in some ways. He, on the other hand looks great too. Not bad for a married man. We do not communicate much at first, as his and my department dont interact too much. We didnt really talk, I guess we were both afraid of having rumours in the company. We do have small talks when we meet in the pantry or at the corridors.

One day, as usual I checked my inbox. There was a mail from Niz. Funny, as we do not have work related. I clicked it open, it was short, just one line that read, "Dinner @ The Posh, 7pm. See you." I looked at it for a moment, didnt know what to reply. Is this a date? Just the 2 of us or the whole office is going? It was a bit weird, I have not really talked to him, we did not even eat in the pantry together. What should I reply him? Or should I just ignore him? That was rude.

I finally clicked on the reply button, "see ya." After work, I went home. There was still ample time for me to dress up - a little. Jeans & t-shirt? Too casual. Dress? Too formal. Not really, I picked a grey dress, knee length, slipped into my 3-inch heels. Little make up, I never like having tonnes of makeup on my face.

Within 10 minutes I reached The Posh. The name tells it all, the restaurant was really posh, well at least it looked posh from the outside. I parked my car and went in. It was posh, even on the inside. The ambience was great, great for couples who doesnt want to be seen. The man at the desk asked if I have a reservation, and assuming he has, I told him, "Niz". "Oh, great, Mr Niz is here waiting. Let me walk you to the table."

There he was sitting at the corner - alone. A table for 2, so I assume, it's just us. I went over, "Hi"

No comments: