Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Enough to know #1

After the divorce, I have been really closed to Dor. Even before the divorce, we were close friends, we share a lot and all. Now that I am single again, I tend to go out more. I would join anyone who goes out for a drink, or a dinner or just whatever.

So once in a while, I would join Dor for drinks, and would end up in massages, or sometimes we would just drink while having out foot reflexology. Things were fine, we were who we are. We know there is a line in between us, and nothing goes beyond that line.

One night as usual, we went for a drink with some friends, and there happened to be a new guy. He paid extra attention to me. He looked interested in me. He started talking to me. And soon everyone left, only Dor, Beet and me were there. I went to the ladies, and when I got out, I overheard Beet asking Dor if there were anything between us. I thought I heard wrongly, I just went in and they stopped. So we left.

From that night on, Dor has been avoiding me. No skype, no messages, no calls. He would give me excuses like busy. There must be something... So after 2 weeks of giving me a cold shoulder, I finally messaged him, asked him to come out for dinner and he better do!

He did. We sat there with food and drinks in between us. Not much talking, well I should say, only I did the talking, all he did was nod. He did not look me in the eye either. Strange.

ME: Is there anything wrong? What's gotten into you?
HE: Nothing.
ME: If you are still giving me a one word answer, you can just leave.
*silence*
ME: Is it something Beet said the other night at Ventures?
His eyes grew bigger.
ME: Yup, I think he is right, I think I have feelings for you. And that's really weird. I dont mind you not liking me, but for you to ignore me like this, it's really bad. If you are still gonna keep quiet... that's it. I'll see you again. Bye
I got up and went out of the restaurant.

He came running from behind and held my hand. He looked at me and said, "Don't do that."
ME: Do what?
HE: Just leave like that.
ME: You are very funny, I was in there talking to you for the past 2 hours, all I got was yes, yup, ya. and now you are telling me not to do that? It's ok. I can live with it.
HE: If there is nothing... I wouldnt avoid you... but it's just not right, I just can't.
He held my hands, and he was looking into my eyes. And this time, it was me who felt uncomfortable.
ME: Yup, I know what you mean. This is enough for me to know. Will just keep a distance for a while.

No comments: