Friday, February 28, 2014

Heart Overrule #2

He drove me to a restaurant, not posh. I know he doesn't like going to those place. It's a small cafe-like restaurant. Small and cozy. I like the deco, very vintage. I thought he brought me here because I like vintage. Told you he knows very much about me. 

We ate and drank, talked and laughed so much. It was really nice being with him. He always makes me feel comfortable, and he allows me to be myself. He doesn't judge me. He has never stopped me from doing anything. In fact, he encourages me... It's not like we are dating or anything, it's just that we like each other's company. 

We do disturb each other sometimes... like the message we had earlier on the hugging thingy. I guess it's just an understanding between us both. It's really funny how things are between us. I don't know why, whenever I think of him, he will message me in some way. 

Before we knew it, it was already half past eleven. The restaurant is closing, and we had finished 3 bottles of wine. When I asked for the bill, he said he already paid. Well, I thought I owe him a dinner. He said, "It's your birthday, I buy."

He sent me home and walked me up. I opened the door and turned to face him, exchanged goodbyes. He said, "Can I redeem your promise now?" I gave him a kiss on his cheek, a long one. As I was about to walk into the house, he pulled me and held me so hard in his arms. I felt so warm and comfortable. He then looked me in the eyes and wanted to kiss me. I moved away. "Although I'm divorced, you are still married. Who am I? I don't want to be a third party."

He said, still holding my hands, "Your head overruled your heart again. It's ok." He kissed me on the forehead and let my hands go. Why is it that he understands me so much?
I hold him back, hugged him and whispered into his ear, "For once, I'm listening to my heart."

No comments: