Saturday, November 22, 2008

What is Right? (Part V)

I cannot be hiding anymore. I drove to The Maze. There they were, the usual bunch of people. Daniel was no where at sight. Had a few drinks and there I was talking to Steve. Suddenly, Daniel came up to us, "can you excuse us for a second?" he told Steve. Steve politely left us.

"Why are you avoiding me?"
"I did not. I was just busy."
"Bullshit. Come on, I'm not a kid. I know what is going on? Why do you have to do this to me? I have never been like this. You know me more than anyone. I will not do this to any women. I know I have many girls before, but you changed me, I know what I want."
"It's impossible. What bout my kids? How can a person like you change for me?"
"You know I love them as much as you do. I will treat them like mine."
"It's easier said than done."
"You are always like that. Jump to conclusion without giving me a chance to prove."
*Silence*
"Dont lie to yourself. I know you have feelings for me. Tell me, do you love me?"
Sigh... "No"
He held me in his hands, looked me in the eyes, "Tell me, do you love me?"
"No I dont."

He let go of me, walked away. It hurts me as much. There we were in the same drinking joint and yet no talking. We sat in 2 separate places. I was talking to the bunch while he, in another corner with some chick. I couldnt pay attention to what they were talking about, I just drank and thought. Once in a while, I would unconsciously turn my head to his direction.

After an hour or so while I was still drinking and thinking, Daniel came over and introduced his newly met friend to us, "Hi guys, this is Jane, I'm sending her home. Chowee." I said bye and turned back to my drink. I felt a sudden cut in my heart. For the next hour, I was drinking more than I usually do. This is so unlike me. I am always conscious and will make sure I am 100% sober before I drive home, but that night I was not myself. Something was wrong, do I really love him? Did I fall for him? When was that?

I looked at my watch, it was close to 130am. I told them I wanted to make a move, they stopped me and told me I was not in the position to drive. It was too dangerous, but I assured them I was okay. I went to take my car and didnt know how I ended up outside Daniel's house. I know he wont be in. He left with that girl, obviously he is somewhere sharing the bed with her. I stopped there for a good 5 minutes.

Then I left for home. I parked my car and went up. When the elevator door opened, I walked to my apartment door, drunk as I was. When I reached the door, I saw Daniel. He was there. He looked up and said, "I just wanted to make sure you were alright, wanted to see you home safe and sound. I'll go now." He walked passed me. His shoulder brushed mine. I turned to hold his hand.

We then went into my house and continue what we have not finished the other night.

No comments: